f

Friday, October 31, 2014

My Investment Portfolio (October 2014)

STI ended this month down to close at almost the same level as last month. The market had been very volatile as it had to digest news from the economic front, Ebola outbreak updates, US Fed meeting decision etc. The fall in oil price also affected oil-related stocks. It seems that markets had been reacting to newsflow everyday rather than focusing on company fundamentals. Markets were down for most of the month until the last week when news of Bank of Japan stimulus package managed to drag STI back up to nearly the level at the close of last month.

For this month, I have attended the following AGMs/EGMs/briefings - Karin, St James, Top Global, GuocoLeisure, Ryobi Kiso, Saizen REIT, China Yuanbang, Chuan Hup, Sim Lian, Santak, LCD Global Investments, Hupsteel and Singapura Finance.

For my top 30 holdings, due to market volatility, there had been quite a few changes. OSIM International dropped out of the list after the company reported 3Q 2014 results that were below market expectations. Aspial is also out of the list after I sold down the stock this month. PNE Industries returned to the list after a small volume being done at a high price, thereby pushing up its closing price. Keppel T&T and OUE are new entries to the list after I accumulated these two stocks for the past few months.  

I have bought the following companies from the market this month - AP Oil, CFM, Frencken, GK Goh, Hanwell, Hiap Hoe, Hong Kong Land, Isetan, Keppel T&T, KSH, Lum Chang, Mandarin Oriental, Mun Siong, Popular, Saizen REIT, Singapore Reinsurance and Venture. I have reduced my stake in Aspial to partly fund some of these purchases.

I have participated in the following scrip dividend schemes this month - Aspial, Global Investments, OCBC and Vibrant Group. I have also converted the following company warrants to shares - GRP, Hai Leck and Nobel Design.

November will be a month whereby companies with financial year ending June 2014 will be paying dividends to shareholders. I will prudently re-invest those dividends back into the market. I will also reserve some funds for the upcoming Singapura Finance rights issue.
 
My S'pore Stock Portfolio - Top Holdings, cash investment only (correct as at 31 October 2014)

Top 30 Holdings (Sing$ Denominated shares)
1. Sarine Technologies
2. United Engineers
3. Old Chang Kee
4. Jardine C&C
5. Haw Par  
6. Metro Holdings
7. Bukit Sembawang Estates
8. Hong Fok
9. Bonvests  
10. Hotel Grand Central
11. Hotel Properties
12. Hong Leong Finance 
13. SGX
14. Hotel Royal 
15. A-REIT
16. Straits Trading 
17. Hiap Hoe
18. Noble Group
19. Sing Investment & Finance 
20. Far East Orchard
21. ComfortDelgro 
22. PNE Industries
23. Singapura Finance  
24. The Hour Glass
25. GK Goh
26. CapitaMall Trust
27. VICOM
28. Isetan
29. Keppel T&T
30. OUE

Top 5 Holdings (US$ Denominated shares)
1. Jardine Strategic
2. Dairy Farm
3. Mandarin Oriental
4. Hong Kong Land
5. Jardine Matheson

Top Holdings (HK$ Denominated shares)
1. Fortune REIT
2. Tan Chong International

Top Holdings (Aust$ Denominated shares)
1. AV Jennings

Top 5 Holdings (CPF OA investment)
1. Keppel Corp
2. Streettracks STI ETF
3. CapitaMall Trust
4. A-REIT
5. Challenger Technologies

My Hong Kong Stock Portfolio
1. Peace Mark Holdings - Under Voluntary Liquidation

My Australia Stock Portfolio
1. GPS Alliance Holdings Limited

My Unlisted Company Portfolio
1. Automated Touchstone Machines Ltd
2. Iconic Global Limited
3. Greatronic Limited
4. General Magnetics
5. Fastech Synergy
6. Beauty China- Under Liquidation
7. Memory Devices
8. Jurong Tech - In liquidation - Compulsory winding up (Insolvency)
9. FM Holdings
10. Japan Land - In liquidation - Members' voluntary winding up
11. Zhonghui - In liquidation - Compulsory winding up (Insolvency)
12. FerroChina - Under Liquidation
13. FirstLink Investments
14. NEL Group
15. KXD Digital Entertainment - In liquidation - Compulsory winding up (Insolvency)
16. Jets Technics
17. UIS - In liquidation - Members' voluntary winding up
18. Guangzhao Industrial Forest - In liquidation - Compulsory winding up (Insolvency)
19. Hongwei Technologies Limited (In Provisional Liquidation)
20. FDS Networks Group
21. Aussino Group
22. Sunray Holdings

My Unit Trust Portfolio:
http://www.fundsupermart.com/main/community/Portfolio_View.svdo?id=P199

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger sadameru said...

Hi ghchua

Did you attend the St James EGM? Were you the Chua who raised questions during the EGM?

6:07 PM  
Blogger ghchua said...

Hi sadameru,

Yes, I did attend the EGM as stated in my blog post here. I did raised some questions during the EGM. In fact, I think I was the only one asking questions.

6:45 PM  
Blogger sadameru said...

Hi ghchua

I'm impressed that you look a lot younger than I thought!

Out of curiosity, how do you master reading financial statements and FA since you're engineering trained? I've difficulty understanding FS & FA even after years of trying to read on these subjects. So I wonder is there any courses which you could recommend?

10:19 PM  
Blogger ghchua said...

Hi sadameru,

I did an elective on accounting during my undergraduate days, and therefore I do know a bit on accounting and finance though I am Engineering trained.

I do not claim to be a master, but I learn mostly from my mistakes when investing in stocks and also from reading annual reports throughout the years. As for courses, you can try those that are run by SIAS and SGX. They are quite useful and practical for retail investors, unlike most academic courses run by universities whereby there are a lot of theories.

All the best in your investment and learning journey!

10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:

A self-directed investor, looking to invest for retirement needs and bypass all those expensive financial planners/insurance agents. Investing is fun, profitable or most important of all, knowledge gained is useful for the rest of your life!

Powered by Blogger