f

Friday, November 30, 2012

My Investment Portfolio (November 2012)

November 2012 is an eventful month. It started with investors worrying about US "fiscal cliff" but ended on an upbeat mode. STI closes the month 1% above October. The Olam and Muddy Waters saga dominated local markets, though I had been focusing on companies with financial year ending September 2012 announcing their full-year results instead.

For this month, I have attended the following AGMs/EGMs/briefings - Transcu, Petra Food, First REIT, Jiutian Chemical, Sunright, MTQ, Datapulse, Khong Guan, Nikko Shenton Dynamic Bond Fund and TTJ.

For my top 30 holdings, Sing Investment & Finance returned to the list as I added onto the stock via its rights issue.

I have bought the following companies from the market this month - AP Oil, Amara, Ascendas H Trust, Asiasons WFG, BRC Asia, Casa Holdings, Chip Eng Seng, Colex, EnGro Corp, Eu Yan Sang, Far East H Trust, Great Eastern, Hotel Properties, Hwa Hong, IFS, K1 Ventures, Koyo Holdings, Lantrovision, Lian Beng, Lion Teck Chiang, Plato Capital, PM Data, Popular Holdings, SBS Transit, SembCorp Industries, Smartflex Holdings, Tuan Sing, Venture and Westminster Travel. No sell trade was done.

I have accepted the following voluntary delisting/cash offers - Sakari Resources. LMA was delisted after the first payment for the delisting proceeds had been made. I have also subscribed to the following rights issue - Sing Investment & Finance.

I have participated in the following scrip dividend schemes - Aspial and United Overseas Australia.

There is only one month to go before 2012 ends. As usual, I will be doing a year end review post to reflect on my investment journey in 2012, the first full year that I had been a full-time investor. Keep a look out for it!

My S'pore Stock Portfolio - Top Holdings, cash investment only (correct as at 30 November 2012)

Top 30 Holdings (Sing$ Denominated shares)
1. F&N
2. Jardine C&C
3. Viz Branz
4. Bukit Sembawang Estates
5. Aspial
6. A-REIT
7. SGX
8. Sing Investment & Finance
9. APB
10. SembCorp Marine
11. CapitaMall Trust
12. Noble Group
13. United Engineers 
14. UIS
15. Metro Holdings
16. OSIM International
17. Fragrance Group 
18. The Hour Glass
19. Bonvests 
20. KepLand
21. Guthrie GTS
22. VICOM
23. Far East Orchard
24. Singapura Finance
25. Hong Leong Finance   
26. Sarin Technologies
27. Wheelock Properties
28. Haw Par
29. Isetan(S) 
30. Superbowl Holdings

Top 5 Holdings (US$ Denominated shares)
1. Jardine Strategic
2. Dairy Farm
3. Hong Kong Land
4. Jardine Matheson
5. Mandarin Oriental

Top Holdings (HK$ Denominated shares)
1. Fortune REIT
2. Tan Chong International

Top Holdings (Aust$ Denominated shares)
1. AV Jennings

Top 5 Holdings (CPF OA investment)
1. Keppel Corp
2. Streettracks STI ETF
3. CapitaMall Trust
4. A-REIT
5. Challenger Technologies

My Hong Kong Stock Portfolio
1. Peace Mark Holdings - Under Voluntary Liquidation

My Unlisted Company Portfolio
1. Automated Touchstone Machines Ltd
2. Iconic Global Limited
3. Greatronic Limited
4. China Printing & Dyeing Holdings - Under Liquidation
5. General Magnetics
6. Fastech Synergy
7. Beauty China- Under Liquidation
8. Memory Devices
9. Jurong Tech
10. FM Holdings
11. Japan Land - Under Members' Voluntary Liquidation
12. Zhonghui - Under Judicial Management
13. FerroChina - Under Liquidation
14. FirstLink Investments
15. Maveric Ltd - Under Members' Voluntary Liquidation
16. NEL Group
17. LMA - Under Liquidation

My Unit Trust Portfolio:
http://www.fundsupermart.com/main/community/Portfolio_View.svdo?id=P199

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger Cory said...

Hi GH Chua, i look at your Unit Trust P/L. May i know how long you have invested on rough average for those funds to achieve ~20%?

5:02 PM  
Blogger ghchua said...

Hi Cory,

Around 9 years since my initial investment. Do note that it is not a buy once and forget portfolio. I had been adding onto the portfolio since my first investment so therefore, you cannot just take the 20% and annualized it.

5:54 AM  
Blogger ucypmas said...

Hi ghchua

I am curious as to how you have manage to buy so many counters a month. Are you using fractional share purchase scheme or something?

11:20 PM  
Blogger ghchua said...

Hi ucypmas,

Yes. I had been purchasing some counters using the unit share market, especially those higher priced stocks.

There had been more purchases than usual in November as I had received dividend payouts from the REITs and also a special dividend payout from Elite KSB and Transpac Industrial Holdings.

7:13 PM  
Blogger ucypmas said...

Hi ghchua

Thanks for the reply.

Another question i have is what do you think of Lion Teck Chiang in terms of management attitude to minorities. Numbers wise they are in the deep category but there are some hoo haa recently with low dividend payout.

However i could buy some of the explanation that they need the capital to support business growth given the reluctance to add debt.

If not convenient to say much here can pm via the other forum!

10:10 PM  
Blogger ghchua said...

Hi ucypmas,

I didn't attend Lion Teck Chiang (LTC)'s AGM before but I did attended Lion AsiaPac AGM in October this year and asked quite a few questions to the board.

Basically, the impression I got from this group of people is that they are very conservative. They like to hold onto cash to wait for investment opportunities, rather than trying to distribute excess cash back to shareholders. I guess the same goes to LTC too.

Yes, I do think that they are not very shareholder friendly, low profile and just trying to focus on their business. As a minority shareholder, I guess what we can do is to talk to the independent directors and see whether they can be more vocal enough during board meetings and push for more dividends.

There is certainly deep value in the stock, in terms of re-development potential for the pieces of land that they are sitting on.

12:21 AM  
Blogger ucypmas said...

Hi ghchua

Thanks for your comments - really appreciate it.

Look forward to hearing from you about your 2012 wrap up and look forward into next year.

Cheers!

5:57 PM  
Blogger David said...

Hi ghchua,

Looking forward to your year end report. I also hope you can include your opinions for year 2013.

Thanks

11:36 PM  
Blogger Everlearning said...

Hi ghchua,

This year is drawing closed very soon, and I would like to wish you a very blessed Christmas and a very bountiful New Year ahead.

This year, I made the most visits to the hospitals in my entire life and to see how my loved ones and close friends are afflicted with illnesses, I feel that great emphasis should not be placed on only being financially free but rather how well and respectful we should live our lives.

I have made numerous visits to Bukit Brown this year, to pay our last respect to our ancestor before exhumation takes place next year. I am in the process of looking for another ancestor's grave.

Just to end with a thought here: "to live is to be respected, and to die is to be remembered".



6:49 PM  
Blogger ghchua said...

Hi ucypmas and David,

Thank you for your support! Yes, I will include my investment outlook for 2013 as well.

Hi Everlearning,

Merry Christmas to you too! Yes, this is a good period to care and share with other people. That is my objective to setting up this blog as well. To share with all other investors out there my investment journey and hope that others could share with me theirs as well.

Hope that all is well at your side and do take care of yourself too when looking after other people.

7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:

A self-directed investor, looking to invest for retirement needs and bypass all those expensive financial planners/insurance agents. Investing is fun, profitable or most important of all, knowledge gained is useful for the rest of your life!

Powered by Blogger