f

Friday, July 30, 2010

My Investment Portfolio (July 2010)

It had been a good month as STI moved closer to 3000 points, but ran out of steam at the last moment. Nevertheless, volume in the market is still not strong enough which might explain that most investors are still in the sidelines. Investors might be waiting for more companies to announce their 2Q2010 results before deciding what to do.

For my top 30 stock holdings, not much changes actually except Keppel Corp and SingTel returned to the list mainly due to no price transacted for Viz Branz on the last trading day of this month. Keppel Corp also announced a decent 2Q2010 results which might explain why investors bought into the stock.

For this month, I have accepted the voluntary unconditional cash offer for all my Eng Kong Holdings shares. Armed with the proceeds from that offer, I have bought the following companies from the open market - Asia Food & Properties, BBR Holdings, Bonvests, Colex, CSC Holdings, Engro Corp, Guthrie GTS, Hiap Hoe, Hotel Royal, ITE Electric, King Wan, LHT, Nippecraft, Oniontech, Orchard Parade, OUE, Shangri-La Asia, Singapore Land, Tat Seng, Transview, UIC and UIS.

I have participated in the following scrip dividend schemes - QAF and DBS Group Holdings. I have also subscribed to the following rights issues - Berlian Laju, Hotel Royal, Riverstone and Swing Media.

I have also converted the following company warrants to shares - Asiatic and KSH Holdings. Unfortunately, I didn't get to convert any of my Metro warrants to shares as I have identified better investment opportunities and had invested the funds reserved for the warrant conversion back into the market instead.

Next month, I will reserve some funds for New Toyo and Old Chang Kee rights issue. I am still considering the offer by Khazanah for my Parkway Holdings shares and it is most likely that I will continue to hold onto it.

My S'pore Stock Portfolio - Top Holdings, cash investment only (correct as at 31 July 2010)

Top 30 Holdings (Sing$ Denominated shares)
1. Noble Group
2. Jardine C&C
3. SGX
4. F&N
5. A-REIT
6. Parkway Holdings
7. CapitaMall Trust
8. SembCorp Marine
9. KepLand
10. Bukit Sembawang Estates
11. Hersing
12. CapitaLand
13. Transpac Industrial Holdings
14. Cosco Corp
15. K-REIT Asia
16. Raffles Education Corp
17. CitySpring Infrastructure Trust
18. CapitaCommercial Trust
19. CDL H-Trust
20. ComfortDelgro
21. OSIM International
22. Wheelock Properties
23. Hong Leong Finance
24. Low Keng Huat
25. OCBC Bank
26. Pacific Andes
27. Ascendas India Trust
28. Keppel Corp
29. Cheung Woh Technologies
30. SingTel

Top 5 Holdings (US$ Denominated shares)
1. Jardine Strategic
2. Dairy Farm
3. Hong Kong Land
4. Jardine Matheson
5. Mandarin Oriental

Top Holdings (HK$ Denominated shares)
1. Fortune REIT
2. Tan Chong International

Top Holding (Aust$ Denominated shares)
1. AV Jennings
2. AustLand PG

Top 5 Holdings (CPF OA investment)
1. Keppel Corp
2. Streettracks STI ETF
3. CapitaMall Trust
4. A-REIT
5. SingTel

My Hong Kong Stock Portfolio (listed on SEHK)
1. Peace Mark Holdings

My Unlisted Company Portfolio
1. Automated Touchstone Machines Ltd
2. Iconic Global Limited
3. Greatronic Limited
4. China Printing & Dyeing Holdings
5. General Magnetics
6. Fastech Synergy

My Unit Trust Portfolio:
http://www.fundsupermart.com/main/community/Portfolio_View.svdo?id=P199

Labels:

22 Comments:

Blogger ZhuKoLiang said...

1,2,3...

HUAT ARRGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!

:P

11:06 AM  
Blogger JW said...

Hi GhChua,

I'm surprised you have Berlian Laju too. I have 60 lots too, and subscribed for 60 rights + 30 excess.

However, I'm not optimistic of the management now, but optimistic of the business and laws supporting it.

9:38 AM  
Blogger ghchua said...

Hi JW,

Don't be surprised if I hold a lot of these penny stocks as I have a diversified portfolio. However, do note that I do overweight my best ideas and the rest are just there for diversification purposes.

I have only a very small stake in Berlian Laju. Yes, management had not been very great and coming out for rights issue again after doing one last year.

But surprisingly, bankers are still supportive on the rights issue by underwritting to take up those unsubscribed shares. Will hold onto the shares and see what they can do moving forward.

I don't really like to sell a small stake in a company as brokerage charges will eat up whatever proceeds that you might be getting.

7:32 PM  
Blogger JW said...

Hi ghchua,

I was thinking of cutting Berlian, that's why...

At the moment, the cost is about 6% of my portfolio, but the price has dwindled to 2.5% of my portfolio.

8:31 PM  
Blogger ghchua said...

Hi JW,

I dunno about you, but I won't want to hold more than 1% in a risky stock like Berlian. Granted that it have the potential, I guess it is still yet to be seen whether they can pull it off. The huge debt in their balance sheet is another red flag.

But at 3.4cts for the rights issue, it is worth a punt though. :)

12:42 AM  
Blogger ZhuKoLiang said...

hihi sifu,

sgfund pm spoil so write here

i hold 1lot AFP in cash, and i receive their letter for EGM.

i would like to go there in person, n learn how does a AGM , EGM work.

do u know how do i apply to go for EGM? --> meaning how do i tell them i am coming?

Rgds
George

7:42 AM  
Blogger ghchua said...

Hi newbie_george,

For companies that are incorporated in S'pore like AFP, you just need to be there on the day itself. Do remember to bring along your IC for identification purposes.

9:34 PM  
Blogger ZhuKoLiang said...

hi sifu,

wat if go there, then full house how?

booking is not required one meh?

mmm...

3:25 AM  
Blogger Yong Kiat said...

For your unlisted investments, do you feel sad about losing the money?
I do hold 200 lots of Fastech Synergy.

8:45 AM  
Blogger ghchua said...

Hi newbie_george,

Just be there early and you should be able to get a seat.

9:14 PM  
Blogger ghchua said...

Hi Yong Kiat,

Definitely. But as part of my diversification strategy, there will be some companies that will not doing well. You win some, you lose some and so it is ok for me.

I think you might be taking a high risk by buying so much in one counter. I normally restrict my exposure in small caps as they are more risky. I haven't gave up hope on some of these unlisted companies as they might come back one day.

Fastech Synergy is actually on the road to recovery but SGX is eager to delist companies these days. Hopefully, it can come back one day.

9:20 PM  
Blogger ZhuKoLiang said...

hi sifu,

ask u huh, EGM got provide free buffet or not? the buffet is before or after the EGM?

cos the egm schedule at 2pm, if over at 4pm, n i never eat lunch will be hungry lo. hehe

12:40 AM  
Blogger ghchua said...

Hi newbie_george,

Buffet should be normally be after the EGM. Some companies only ordered tea and some cakes. Depends on which companies you attended.

1:33 AM  
Blogger Aiken said...

Hi ghchua,

Realised you have a huge portfolio.. just wondering if you have bought local corporate bonds.

I am interested in buying local corporate bonds. Care to share your experience? I wish to know fees and charges like commission. Thanks

Aiken

8:21 AM  
Blogger ghchua said...

Hi Aiken,

Unfortunately, most of local corporate bonds are not available to retail investors like us, due to the high minimum amount needed (most at least $250K to start) to invest in them.

There are some Stat Board bonds traded on SGX but they are not very liquid. However, that might change as SGX had launched an intiative recently to draw more companies to list their bonds on SGX.

The closest we can get currently is Preference shares which have a reasonable volume listed on SGX and also quite low minimum amount to invest in them.

9:34 PM  
Blogger Rose Anderson said...

As I see in your site ,You provide a good info on the investment market.Investment market is full of risk.If you expected higher return than you need to be ready for higher risk also.Your information is helpful to get good return with avoiding risk in the fluctuating market condition.I also want to upload one quality article for your blog,based on investment.in return I can also upload your article with link in my blog or site.

If you are interested than contact me at roseanderson26@gmail.com

12:58 AM  
Blogger ghchua said...

Hi Rose,

Thanks, but no thanks. I am not really interested in what you have suggested.

9:38 PM  
Blogger ZhuKoLiang said...

i like sifu ghchua, something like those humble ancient wu xia stories,

such as ip man...

very low profile kungfu expert... lol...

1:03 AM  
Blogger ghchua said...

Hi newbie_george,

Thanks for your compliments. But I am not an expert lah, just trying to learn new things everyday.

8:28 PM  
Blogger ZhuKoLiang said...

AssGX investor day 2010

sat 28aug, 12pm - 9pm, free admission

details here: www.sgxacademy.com/ir

hehe..

10:26 PM  
Blogger Mag said...

Hi,
Please advise if I should sell me Low Keng Huat share. There is a cash offer of 46.5 cents. Can I not sell it? What happens if I don't sell it? Will it still be traded on the exchange and if I will still receive dividends?
Thanks for any advice,
Maggie

6:40 PM  
Blogger ghchua said...

Hi Mag,

Of course you can. You can choose not to sell if you want to. Currently, it is the intention of the offeror to keep Low Keng Huat listed. Also, you would have received the document from the independent financial adviser with regards to the offer. Unless the offeror got more than 90% of the shares, it might be suspended due to not enough free float. But currently, they only have around 61% of the shares.

You should goto SGX announcement page for more up to date information but I suspect that they will not be able to get more than 90% of the shares after the offer closes.

7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:

A self-directed investor, looking to invest for retirement needs and bypass all those expensive financial planners/insurance agents. Investing is fun, profitable or most important of all, knowledge gained is useful for the rest of your life!

Powered by Blogger