f

Monday, June 21, 2010

My First Sell Trade of the Year - Sunway International Holdings Limited

It had to come and it did came. I did my first sell trade of the year after holding onto my portfolio tightly and adding funds back into the market this year.

I did have a long struggle before deciding to do this sell trade, as it is not my intention to sell any of the stocks in my portfolio at this moment as I am a long term investor. But Sunway International Holdings Limited decided to delist from SGX without making an exit offer to existing shareholders and though it is maintaining its listing in HKSE, I have decided to sell away my small stake in this company.

The reason is really cost other than anything else. For one, I will be receiving a share certificate after its delisting from SGX if I continue to hold onto its shares. And in order to trade on HKSE later on, I have to pay for the costs to deposit the share certificate and then incur brokerage charges to sell it off. The cost to deposit a share certificate is not cheap especially for a small shareholder like me.

I guess it is better for me to sell it off at this moment rather than incurring extra costs later on to transact the counter on HKSE.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger cif5000 said...

Congratulations!

5:52 AM  
Blogger ZhuKoLiang said...

:( AssGX should make it compulsary for companies to give a delisting offer when delisted.. :(

11:59 PM  
Blogger ghchua said...

Hi newbie_george,

Since Sunway International's main listing is in HKSE, it does not have to follow SGX's rule to make an exit offer for delisting.

1:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:

A self-directed investor, looking to invest for retirement needs and bypass all those expensive financial planners/insurance agents. Investing is fun, profitable or most important of all, knowledge gained is useful for the rest of your life!

Powered by Blogger