f

Monday, August 31, 2009

My Investment Portfolio (August 2009)

STI ended the month on a weak note, but still managed to remain around 2600 points. The highlight of the month is definitely the recovery in mid and small cap segment of the market, as big caps appeared fairly valued at this moment.

There is a new name in my top 30 portfolio list this month - CDL H-Trust. Among the REITs, this trust is one of those with low gearing and a strong portfolio of hotels. It should benefit if the economy continues to recover. Tiong Woon Corporation and VICOM returned to my top 30 list this month mainly due to share price recovery.

I have particpated in a few rights issues this month, including Dayen Enviornmental, Frasers Commercial Trust, LifeBrandz, PSL Holdings and StarHill Global REIT. I have also accepted the delisting offer for Man Wah Holdings and the takeover offer from PetroChina for SPC. I have also bought a few small cap names this month, as the market begins to re-rate all these companies.

Next month, I will continue to participate in rights issues. The big one include CitySpring Infrastructure Trust. Therefore, I shall reserve some fund for these upcoming rights issues. Also, I shall seek to buy more attractive value stocks in the mid/small cap segment of the market as opportunities present themselves.

My S'pore Stock Portfolio - Top Holdings, cash investment only (correct as at 31 August 2009)

Top 30 Holdings (Sing$ Denominated shares)
1. SGX
2. Noble Group
3. Raffles Education Corp
4. Jardine C&C
5. A-REIT
6. CapitaMall Trust
7. F&N
8. SembCorp Marine
9. Bukit Sembawang Estates
10. CapitaLand
11. Rotary Engineering
12. ComfortDelgro
13. Parkway Holdings
14. KepLand
15. Hong Leong Finance
16. Cosco Corp
17. Wheelock Properties
18. Pacific Andes
19. Low Keng Huat
20. Ascendas India Trust
21. OCBC Bank
22. CDL H-Trust
23. Keppel Corp
24. Kingsmen Creatives
25. CapitaCommercial Trust
26. Tiong Woon Corporation
27. SingTel
28. WBL Corp
29. KS Energy
30. VICOM

Top 5 Holdings (US$ Denominated shares)
1. Jardine Strategic
2. Dairy Farm
3. Hong Kong Land
4. Jardine Matheson
5. Mandarin Oriental

Top Holdings (HK$ Denominated shares)
1. Tan Chong International
2. Fortune REIT

Top Holding (Aust$ Denominated shares)
1. AustLand PG
2. AV Jennings

Top 5 Holdings (CPF OA investment)
1. Keppel Corp
2. Streettracks STI ETF
3. CapitaMall Trust
4. A-REIT
5. SingTel

My Hong Kong Stock Portfolio (listed on SEHK)
1. Peace Mark Holdings

My Unlisted Company Portfolio
1. Automated Touchstone Machines Ltd
2. Iconic Global Limited
3. Greatronic Limited

My Unit Trust Portfolio:
http://www.fundsupermart.com/main/community/Portfolio_View.svdo?id=P199

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger SGDividends said...

Hi Gh Chua,

Was looking at your diversified portfolio and i believe you are one that looks at buying stocks based on fundamentals and treat it as buying a business.

Just wondering why SIA Engineering is not in your portfolio as i see it as a company with absolutely good fundamentals with Singapore becoming the aviation hub of Asia Pacific, they have nice free cash flow, low debt, high dividend yield ( 6.1%), stable business from SIA Group like SIA, Silkair, Virgin...

Just wanna hear your thoughts on this company. Actually i am pretty overweight on this stock.

Warmest Regards
Sgdivdends

5:13 AM  
Blogger Hoon Thien Rong said...

May I ask what are the costs when you accept the offer for your Man Wah or SPC? Is it the $10 + GST? How long and how do they pay you after you accept the offer?

Any reasons why you accept them but not the one for CK Tang?

Pardon me for my many questions :)

3:42 AM  
Blogger ghchua said...

Hi SGDividends,

SIA Engineering had been in my portfolio. But its weightage is not big enough to make it into my top 30 holdings list at this moment.

Frankly speaking, I have been holding SIA Engineering for more than 7 years. In fact, it is one of the first stocks that I bought when I started investing in the stock market.

You can refer to my discussion at sgfunds.com back then:
http://forums.sgfunds.com/viewtopic.php?t=2669

I am positive about SIA Engineering in the long run, but valuation wise, it is really not cheap enough for me to add onto it. Maybe it is because I have various other holdings which I found more attractive to add. It is trading at 2.2x NAV, not exactly cheap in my view.

2:11 AM  
Blogger ghchua said...

Hi Hoon Thien Rong,

The only cost is really the cost of your stamp needed to post the acceptance form back to CDP. Other than that, there is no other additional costs.

If the offer had been declared unconditional, they will take around 2 weeks latest to pay you.

I have accepted the CK Tang offer after the delisting resolution had been approved.

2:22 AM  
Blogger Hoon Thien Rong said...

Thanks for your prompt response.

Sorry for my mistake about your CK Tang. I thought you was unwilling and was holding on to it. I missed the last line in that blog post.

7:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:

A self-directed investor, looking to invest for retirement needs and bypass all those expensive financial planners/insurance agents. Investing is fun, profitable or most important of all, knowledge gained is useful for the rest of your life!

Powered by Blogger