f

Friday, July 31, 2009

My Investment Portfolio (July 2009)

STI closes above 2650 points at the end of this month. Some investors had been saying about STI hitting new lows a few months back and now some are coming out to say that a "bubble" might be happening in the market. As a long term investor, I will continue to ignore all these noises and concentrate on building my portfolio instead.

I have subscribed to a few rights issues this month - namely NOL, Pacific Andes, Europtronic, Golden Agriculture, Berlian Laju and KS Energy. Other than that, I also bought some small cap names from the market as blue chip stocks seem to be fairly valued to me at this moment.

As for my top 30 holdings portfolio changes, Rotary Engineering had a great run this month which means a place in my top 30 for the first time. Their ability to secure contract in the Middle East certainly impresses investors. Kingsmen Creatives also appeared in my top 30 list for the first time. I like their good cash flow and exposure to big MICE events.

Next month, it will be more rights issues for me. The big ones include StarHill Global REIT, Frasers Commercial Trust and Global Yellow Pages. As usual, I will reserve some cash for these rights issues which means I might not be able to purchase much from the market.

My S'pore Stock Portfolio - Top Holdings, cash investment only (correct as at 31 July 2009)

Top 30 Holdings (Sing$ Denominated shares)
1. SGX
2. Raffles Education Corp
3. Noble Group
4. F&N
5. Jardine C&C
6. A-REIT
7. CapitaMall Trust
8. SembCorp Marine
9. Bukit Sembawang Estates
10. CapitaLand
11. Hersing
12. Parkway Holdings
13. SPC
14. ComfortDelgro
15. KepLand
16. Cosco Corp
17. Hong Leong Finance
18. Wheelock Properties
19. Pacific Andes
20. Ascendas India Trust
21. Rotary Engineering
22. Keppel Corp
23. OCBC Bank
24. SingTel
25. KS Energy
26. CapitaCommercial Trust
27. Kingsmen Creatives
28. Straits Trading
29. Low Keng Huat
30. WBL Corp

Top 5 Holdings (US$ Denominated shares)
1. Jardine Strategic
2. Dairy Farm
3. Hong Kong Land
4. Jardine Matheson
5. Mandarin Oriental

Top Holdings (HK$ Denominated shares)
1. Tan Chong International
2. Fortune REIT

Top Holding (Aust$ Denominated shares)
1. AustLand PG
2. AV Jennings

Top 5 Holdings (CPF OA investment)
1. Keppel Corp
2. Streettracks STI ETF
3. CapitaMall Trust
4. A-REIT
5. SingTel

My Hong Kong Stock Portfolio (listed on SEHK)
1. Peace Mark Holdings

My Unlisted Company Portfolio
1. Automated Touchstone Machines Ltd
2. Iconic Global Limited
3. Greatronic Limited

My Unit Trust Portfolio:
http://www.fundsupermart.com/main/community/Portfolio_View.svdo?id=P199

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Sgbluechip said...

Hi ghchua, good to hear news that are on our side these days. Market has been rewarding to LT investors and I do hope the ride up is still a long boring journey.

Btw, have you considered diversifying into the property market, considering you have a good amount of CPF money that can be monetised to purchase good location properties?

5:55 AM  
Blogger ghchua said...

Hi Sgbluechip,

Long term investors will be rewarded. Just remember to stay invested and continue with your investment plan every month, regardless of market condition.

My CPF monies are mostly invested in unit trusts and stocks. Therefore, I do not have any intention to purchase properties for investment. I rather invest in property stocks instead.

8:50 PM  
Blogger Sgbluechip said...

Hi ghchua, sorry a bit off topic here. Could you send me an email to sgbluechip@gmail.com? I have an advertising company willing to place an advert on your blog. Fees will be paid upfront. Do let me know if you are keen.

Thanks bro!

5:48 PM  
Blogger ghchua said...

Hi Sgbluechip,

I have sent you an email.

Actually, I am not too keen about having advertisements on my blog. But for charity, I am willing to give it a try and donate some of the proceeds to them. :)

8:49 PM  
Blogger Sgbluechip said...

Hi ghchua, I have not received your email yet. The rates are quite good. Could you send again?

8:04 AM  
Blogger ghchua said...

Hi Sgbluechip,

I have sent another email to you.

11:18 PM  
Blogger Sgbluechip said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

3:16 AM  
Blogger Sgbluechip said...

Got it, thanks!

4:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:

A self-directed investor, looking to invest for retirement needs and bypass all those expensive financial planners/insurance agents. Investing is fun, profitable or most important of all, knowledge gained is useful for the rest of your life!

Powered by Blogger