f

Friday, May 30, 2008

My Investment Portfolio (May 2008)

It had been a month of dividends. Yes, I have received a series of dividend payouts this month from companies having financial year ending 31 December 2007. AGMs of these companies were held in April this year and their final/special dividend payout had to be approved by shareholders at the AGM. So, most of them paid out their dividends around 2 to 3 weeks after their AGM, which explains why I received so many dividends this month. Furthermore, REITs and shipping trusts also paid out their dividends this month, which added to my capital to re-invest back into the market.

So, I have aggressively purchased many of my short-listed companies this month. Most of them are my minor holdings which didn't move up with the market lately. I seized this opportunity to add onto them so that my portfolio is more diversified and balanced.

Corporate action had been far and few this month. I have rejected LuYe's offer for AsiaPharm and the offer closes with LuYe failing to secure 90% of the outstanding shares out there. They cannot take AsiaPharm private and it will remain listed. I have accepted Raffles Education's offer for Hartford Education after the delisting resolution had been approved.

Going forward, I will re-invest my dividends collected prudently back into the market, spreading my investments throughout the days so as to reduce the risk. Also, I will add more onto those companies outside my top 30 holdings so as to reduce the dependence on my top holdings to generate portfolio returns.

My S'pore Stock Portfolio - Top Holdings, cash investment only (correct as at 31 May 2008)

Top 30 Holdings (Sing$ Denominated shares)
1. Raffles Education Corp
2. SGX
3. Cosco Corp
4. Noble Group
5. SembCorp Marine
6. F&N
7. A-REIT
8. Hersing
9. Jaya Holdings
10. CapitaMall Trust
11. Keppel Corp
12. Straits Trading
13. KS Energy
14. Jardine C&C
15. SPC
16. CapitaLand
17. Wheelock Properties
18. ComfortDelgro
19. Unisteel Technology
20. Bukit Sembawang Estates
21. Food Empire
22. WBL Corp
23. Keppel Land
24. Mermaid Maritime
25. Pacific Andes
26. Olam International
27. Tat Hong
28. CapitaCommercial Trust
29. SembCorp Industries
30. K-REIT

Top 5 Holdings (US$ Denominated shares)
1. Jardine Strategic
2. Dairy Farm
3. Hong Kong Land
4. Mandarin Oriental
5. Jardine Matheson

Top Holdings (HK$ Denominated shares)
1. Tan Chong International
2. Fortune REIT

Top Holding (Aust$ Denominated shares)
1. AV Jennings

Top 5 Holdings (CPF OA investment)
1. Keppel Corp
2. CapitaMall Trust
3. STI ETF
4. A-REIT
5. SingTel

My Hong Kong Stock Portfolio (listed on SEHK)
1. Peace Mark Holdings

My Unit Trust Portfolio:
http://www.fundsupermart.com/main/community/Portfolio_View.svdo?id=P199

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger MTH Investments said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9:48 PM  
Blogger ghchua said...

Hi merv,

Is there specific that you wanted to ask? We can always discuss here so that everybody out there can benefit.

8:50 PM  
Blogger HLK said...

Hi

RAFFLES EDUCATION CORP LIMITED has been on your #1 holding. Any particular reason why you are keen on this.

Thanks.

11:43 PM  
Blogger ghchua said...

Hi ray,

It is not that I am keen on Raffles Education or any other stocks in my top 30 holdings. It is just that Raffles Education had been a great performer for the past few years. I have received their many bonus issues but I didn't sell any of them to date. Also, I have accepted the offer from Raffles Education for my Hartford shares and therefore, I have increased my stake in Raffles Education too.

To tell you the truth, I didn't buy any more Raffles Education shares since I took a stake in this company a few years back. It is currently my top holding based on its performance alone

2:33 AM  
Blogger HLK said...

Thanks for sharing this.

I am surprised at the way you accumulated this share. I found two similar names in yahoo finance. May I know which is the one you are referring to?

-E6D.SI-RAFFLES EDUCATION CORP LIMITED
-R17.SI-Raffles Edu

In yahoo finance charts, both have less than 2 years of historical prices. Does it mean they were launched quite recently?

3:07 AM  
Blogger ghchua said...

Hi ray,

Sorry. Cannot help you as I don't really use Yahoo Finance. There should only be one Raffles Education currently listed on SGX. And its history is definitely more than 2 years as I hold this stock for quite sometime.

3:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:

A self-directed investor, looking to invest for retirement needs and bypass all those expensive financial planners/insurance agents. Investing is fun, profitable or most important of all, knowledge gained is useful for the rest of your life!

Powered by Blogger